Sunday, November 9, 2008

RSS- Positives and Negatives

I subscribed to Bloglines. It seems quite beneficial, but I am still working on getting used to it. I am an organizational freak about stuff and I am still figuring out a way to make it a little bit neater. I want the setup of it to look clean and easy for me to understand each time I log on.


When I first signed up I was overwhelmed. I checked a few of the topics that I found to be interesting. I chose things like celebrity news, movies, technology, design, etc. I also went back to a few of the blogs that I initially read posts on that were dedicated to educational technology and I noticed on a few that I was able to subscribe to that blog right from the site. I was able to click on the Bloglines icon and it added it to my subscriptions. I thought that was very helpful. That way if you run across a particular blog that you enjoy you are easily able to add it to your Bloglines subscriptions by one click of the mouse. I also like how you are able to expand and collapse the blogs so you can see all the titles of each of the blogs’ entries and choose which ones you would like to read.

After a week of reading the blog entries I am starting to understand it a little more. I am also beginning to see which subscriptions I am most interested in. There were certain blogs that I am subscribed to that I would always check first. It is really nice to have updated information on your favorite subjects all at one place.

1 comment:

BillyS said...

Tam,
Once you get the hang of it, you won't want to live with out it. Most of your favorite site probably have an RSS - weather channel, espn, etc. I have my local union website's feed on bloglines. One stop shopping